Wed, 19 February 2020
I am sad to tell you that Melanie's issues with chicken in general and thick chicken nuggets in particular continue, so we spend a good bit of time discussing her chicken-related options in this episode. We also talk about my family's recent trip to a show choir competition (it was glorious) as well as our excitement that college baseball is with us once again.
Then, as usual, we share a little bit of what we're watching and reading, and we settle a miscommunication re: Melanie's feelings about a tote bag I've been eyeing. If I sound like I was desperate for her approval, it's because, well, I was.
I'm sure you understand. :-)
- A&M Baseball Hype Video (Mel's people are a little after the one-minute mark)
- The Dearly Beloved by Cara Wall
- Maybe You Should Talk to Someone by Lori Gottlieb
- Ken Burns' Country Music
- Best Fiends - we are still obsessed
- On the Bright Side - Melanie's new book that is out next week!
- Clearly Filtered (promo code BIGBOO for 20% off your order)
- Thrive Causemetics (promo code BIGBOO for 15% off your first order)
- Scentbird (promo code BIGBOO for 30% off your first month)
Wed, 12 February 2020
We may not have watched the Oscars this year, but that doesn't stop us from having big opinions about 1) the dresses and 2) the current relationship status of Mindy Kaling and BJ Novak. In this episode we discuss both topics in great detail. We also talk about the fact that college baseball starts this weekend (!!!), and I dig into my thoughts about the State / A&M women's basketball game this past Sunday (here's a hint: both teams were fantastic).
It will not surprise you to learn that Melanie shares some beauty product updates (she is breathing, after all), and she has also discovered a new serum she can't wait to try. Her skin care persistence is both inspiring and admirable.
- Thrive Causemetics Brightening Face Wash (promo code BIGBOO for 15% off your first order)
- Thrive Causemetics Liquid Lash Extensions Mascara (promo code BIGBOO for 15% off your first order)
- Magic Spoon (promo code BIGBOO for free shipping)
- Noemie (promo code BIGBOO for $50 off your first order)
Wed, 5 February 2020
Well, both of us recently watched "Miss Americana" - the Taylor Swift documentary on Netflix - and man-oh-man did we ever have some thoughts about it. We share about 278 of those thoughts in this episode. We also discuss some upcoming pop culture events we're excited about (to be clear, I didn't realize when we recorded that the Hamilton movie doesn't come out until 2021, so please know the realization that I have to wait OVER A YEAR has been borderline heartbreaking).
There are some beauty product developments as well - and news about what may well be the finest mascara we have ever tried. Yes. You read that correctly. THE BEST MASCARA WE HAVE EVER TRIED. Eyelash dreams do come true, everyone.
- Thrive Causemetics Liquid Lash Extension Mascara (promo code BIGBOO for 15% off)
- Thrive Causemetics Infinity Waterproof Eyeliner (we both have and love the shade Hoda) (promo code BIGBOO for 15% off)
- Living Proof Dry Volume Blast (this is a smaller size - just FYI)
- OpenFit (text BIGBOO to 505050 for fourteen free days of Sugar Free 3 and access to all the OpenFit workouts)
- Care/of (use promo code BIGBOOCAST50 for 50% off your first order)