Wed, 18 September 2019
Well, we have been to Amarillo, and we both absolutely loved our trip. So we kick off this episode talking about All The Fun we had with Jamie and Erin and Knox and the Amarillo Angels. Plus, you know, Torchy's Tacos.
We also talk about Homecoming in the here and now and Homecoming in ye olden (Gunne Sax by Jessica McClintock) days, along with a couple of new products Melanie has tried and our (unexpected!) shared reality TV boundary. Plus, you know, our favorite person to follow on Twitter.
As always, thanks so much for listening. Hope you enjoy!
- Torchy's Tacos (we loved the avocado salsa dip)
- Barrel & Pie in Canyon, Texas
- Back 40 Grill in Canyon, Texas
- Abuelo's in Amarillo
- Our beloved Popcast friends
- The Madewell clutch we both have (and love!)
- American Royals by Katharine McGee
- Karen Howell on Twitter (she's our favorite!)
- Don't forget about our Amazon Shop!
- FabFitFun (promo code BIGBOO for $10 off your first subscription box)
Wed, 11 September 2019
On this episode we chronicle Melanie's recent football heartache, we talk about our upcoming trip to Amarillo, and we break down some thoughts about the fact that the leopard print trend has arrived with authority and apparently intends to stay.
We also talk about the difficulty of persuading our eyes to wake up in the mornings, along with some potions and salves that are bringing Melanie some real hope. And in what might be one of my favorite topics ever, we dig into an offhand comment where Melanie reveals that the Shankles own an extra set of tires. COLOR ME FASCINATED.
- Melanie in her zebra-print coat (WE WERE CHILDREN)
- Mad About You revival
- Torchy's Tacos (WHAT MAGIC AWAITS US?)
- Amarillo Angels Benefit (we'll be there with Knox, Jamie, and Erin from The Popcast - and there are still a few tickets left!)
- Don't forget about our Big Boo Amazon Shop!
- Simple Contacts (promo code BIGBOO20 for $20 off your first order)