Mon, 27 November 2017
I know. We didn't expect to record a new episode this quickly, either.
But our football coaches are no longer our coaches. And we found out this morning that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged.
As you might imagine, we needed to talk about these things.
Please do enjoy.
- Melanie's favorite picture (the first one inside the article)
Wed, 22 November 2017
When we decided to do a Christmas Gift Guide for the podcast, we thought we'd pick five gift options a piece. Ten total. Easy breezy.
Here's how many gifts we actually discuss: EIGHT HUNDRED AND SEVENTY NINE.
That might be a slight exaggeration, but have mercy we talked about all manner of Christmas gifts and chased all manner of Christmas gift rabbits, so to speak. We had the best time talking about fun things to buy for your favorite hostesses or teenagers or husbands or friends or parents, and we hope our suggestions make your gift buying a little easier. And if Christmas shopping isn't your thing, we hope you enjoy our commentary. Because clearly we have SO VERY MANY THOUGHTS about various gift options.
Links for everything we mention are below. Enjoy, y'all!
- Teddie Organics rosehip oil (not on our list, but worth mentioning)
- Leslie Odom, Jr.'s Simply Christmas - Deluxe Edition
- Baker Stripe Dish Towel Set (on sale for $15)
- 5-Word Prayers by Lisa Whittle
- Letterpress prints from Old Try
- Lucy Perfect Core Leggings (just an FYI - not the gift guide)
Sat, 18 November 2017
So, full disclosure - we recorded this podcast episode over a week ago, but then I (Sophie) went out of town last weekend for speaking stuff and this past week was jam-packed and I just got around to editing and recording the sponsor stuff and etc. Better late than never, I guess. And for your sake it's probably better that you don't have to listen to my post- Alabama / Mississippi State heartbreak. What a game that was.
As far as this episode goes, we have A LOT OF THOUGHTS about November heat, social media, the anger that results from wearing Spanx (Melanie has a fantastic term for that), and college football. There's also some talk about a cat with a jar on its head.
- Tasty video for Halloween treats (this video made Sophie irrationally angry
- Bobbi Brown Plum Brandy lipstick (Sophie's new favorite)
- Hummingbird Farms Big Boo Box ($49 price won't show up until you use coupon code mentioned in this episode)
- Hummingbird Farms Big Boo Too Box ($49 price won't show up until you use coupon code mentioned in this episode)
Thu, 2 November 2017
This time around we discuss the Mississippi State / A&M game, the Astros' win in the World Series, and the glory of a redemptive sports moment.
(This is the GIF Melanie texted Sophie during the State / A&M game.)
(This is the GIF Melanie tweeted after the Astros' victory.)
(You can see the contrast.)
We also talk Sol Dance (edited to add: pretty sure that I said Selena Gomez instead of Demi Lovato, but that is understandable since I am 104 and had also just read news that Selena and the Biebs are back together), the reality of life with our high-maintenance dogs, and Sophie's simmering jealousy about the fact that Melanie has calves that will fit into any boot. There might also be about ten minutes where we look at the Free People website and talk about the stuff that we like.
So. You know. Super important, deeply serious things.
<strong>Here's where you can get more info on the stuff / products / places we mention:</strong>
- Gap striped sleep leggings - Melanie's fall and winter ministry
- Sam Edelman "Camellia" boots - a boot unicorn
- We the Free Blossom Thermal (the shirt Sophie loves but doesn't think is long enough)
Happy Weekend, everybody!